Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Current Work

A study of horse eyes. I had a watercolor class this semester and I wanting to focus on all the details with the horse. I think this was a good study not only for watercolor but for illustration.
(watercolor and gouache)

This pastel was done quickly for the 24 hour drawing marathon we had at our school. I was very tired at this point and if I were to do it over I would leave the red-orange out where the foot is. Overall it was a fun pose to make, this is why I am including it in my blog.

This is one of my large scale figure, charcoal drawings done in my figure construction class.

This pose is the lateral view of a male figure, for a homework assignment that I worked on in graphite.

I love drawing hands and feet, I always look forward to creating them. These are hands and feet of my kids, husband and me.

This is a graphite drawing of my husbands arm and hand. I did this for an assignment, and I think it turned out quite well.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Updated Version of the "Flea Poster"

I changed the font and made it a little bigger with a dark brown color, I believe that it made the compostion better. Here is the final Flea Poster design:

Monday, October 12, 2009

Flea Circus Poster

We were asked to make a poster and for some reason the first thought that came to my mind was "vintage". I did not want to do a standard "rock poster- or -green poster" ~ not that there is anything wrong with those ideas but I was trying not do what everyone else was doing(or in general, those sort of ideas). If I had more time I did want to do a poster for a band named "The Whurlitzers" but I will do that another day.

I researched circus posters, fleas, anatomy of the flea, and drew out flea's on Bristol board. I used Rapidograph pens to outline my sketches, then I scanned them into Photoshop. I like the feeling of the Beatrix Potter look. I wanted the flea to look inviting on the poster and not a hideous bug, even though that is actually what it is.

The pictures that I am putting on my blog are sketches and the final poster.

I painted watercolor and scanned it in and used it for part of the background.
This is the final poster with everything put together.