Monday, October 12, 2009

Flea Circus Poster

We were asked to make a poster and for some reason the first thought that came to my mind was "vintage". I did not want to do a standard "rock poster- or -green poster" ~ not that there is anything wrong with those ideas but I was trying not do what everyone else was doing(or in general, those sort of ideas). If I had more time I did want to do a poster for a band named "The Whurlitzers" but I will do that another day.

I researched circus posters, fleas, anatomy of the flea, and drew out flea's on Bristol board. I used Rapidograph pens to outline my sketches, then I scanned them into Photoshop. I like the feeling of the Beatrix Potter look. I wanted the flea to look inviting on the poster and not a hideous bug, even though that is actually what it is.

The pictures that I am putting on my blog are sketches and the final poster.



I painted watercolor and scanned it in and used it for part of the background.
This is the final poster with everything put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment